Dagmar is a versatile high-performing marketing agency that was first founded in 1973 as a media agency. Today we are known by our excellent reputation and for our cutting-edge AI and Martech capabilities. We work with most of the largest companies in Finland.
Our success is based on continuous and systematic development of talent and capabilities, together with our clients. We closely monitor marketing trends at a global level and actively anticipate changes in the future, ready to face the challenges to come.
Would you be our new Lead Data Engineer?
Our Advanced Analytics team keeps on growing and therefore we are looking for a highly skilled, motivated, and visionary Lead Data Engineer to lead and support our Data Operations. If you find yourself in that, please keep on reading!
We work in multiple industries through our clients with a vast amount data pulled from different sources. Our Advanced Analytics and Data Operations teams provide various data-based products and solutions to utilize that data. On development we focus on building scalable and ambitious things like complex ML-pipelines and custom optimization algorithms to analyze and optimize the marketing operations.
Our new Lead Data Engineer will be leading the technical development and bring in a vision and ideas what are the frontiers where we should and could be heading next. The position comes also with expectations to manage for example the overall architecture, technology choices, APIs and integrations etc. You will be working with a team, and you should not be afraid of getting your hands dirty with all kinds of data engineering tasks including development of our data warehouse, data pipelines and our MLOps & DevOps processes.
We appreciate background in software development as we see that as a benefit while managing our infrastructure and increasing automation in our business systems.
So, what would you be doing
Your main job would be to make sure our data operations and infrastructure are well designed, maintained and function with high degree of automation. If you think “if it can be documented, it can be automated” and hate repetitive work, your mindset might be just what we’re looking for.
Your role in more detail:
- Working in our advanced analytics team with a focus on dataops work:
- Build and maintain scalable data platform for our data products
- Platform owner for our data tools & infrastructure
- Design and develop data pipelines, integrations and data models
- Support our data scientists with data engineering related work
- Advocating professionalism and best practices in data management, automation, monitoring, documentation and scalability
- ETL/ELT knowledge
- Hands-on experience in working with data lakes and data warehouses
- Familiarity with SQL and Python
- Data transformation and storing
- Experience in working with large codebases
- Experience in managing and working with cloud environments (Google Cloud preferred)
- Background in software/backend development
- CI/CD experience including use of Git and basic knowledge of deployment pipelines
- Supporting skills
- Some data science knowledge
- Basic knowledge of data visualization with BI platforms
- Understanding of advanced and web analytics
- Creative and curious mind set
- Ability to communicate fluently in different levels of organization
- Leading role in our dataops team
- Ownership of our data stack and it’s technology roadmap
- Opportunity to take lead in building new products for our customers
- Great team of both tech and business-minded people
- Meaningful, high-impact projects in customer-centric digital services
At Dagmar you get to work with nice and skillful teammates and be part of a versatile and relaxed work community. We attract people who appreciate a strong team spirit as we spar and coach each other on daily basis and share knowledge for everyone’s benefit. We challenge our thinking in good spirit. In our team you can succeed or learn; at its best you’ll get both.
Please send your application with CV and salary request with this form by 31.1.2022.
Today, Dagmar employs over 200 data driven professionals. We are one of the largest agencies in Finland. Our success is based on the continuous and systematic learning and development together with our clients. We follow global trends and changes in the markets continuously and anticipate change by getting ready for tomorrow’s services well ahead our competition. Our clients have awarded us for being result driven, for understanding different industries, for modern marketing knowledge and for being responsible in our actions. With us you will be amongst the best professionals in the market.